Wednesday 31 July 2013

Hacking episode embarrassed me: Radhika

BANGALORE: "Unfortunate and very embarrassing." This is how Sandalwood actor Radhika Pandit described the situation she faced after a 20-year-old college dropout allegedly hacked into her SIM card and sent messages to her contacts from her number. The youth was arrested on Sunday.
Radhika said, "It was invasion of one's personal life and not a nice feeling at all. I came to know that the arrested person had sent messages to producers and actors seeking photos and information about other artistes. Since many people trust me in Sandalwood, they were giving the information that he wanted. I agree, it is common for celebrities to face this kind of situation, but my reputation has been damaged by the incident."
Being a celebrity is not just about glamour, it has its pitfalls too and one has to deal with them, says Radhika. So will the actor keep her new number a secret? "No. Today's technology makes it easy to get the numbers of others. I can perhaps apply a little more caution.''
Radhika said she still wonders how her cell phone worked even after a complaint was given to the service provider for blocking her number. "I just want to know how it happened. I think the service providers should be cautious while dealing with complaints like mine. This type of incident can happen to anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment